Welcome to the first in what (I hope) will be a long line of Dental Technology Linkfests - there's ton of great resources and info about dental technology out there, but I know that most of you rarely get the time to check them out - my goal with the linkfests will be to bring you the stuff that I find interesting - in the hope that you will find it worthwhile as well - the focus will primarily be CEREC and other emerging technologies as well as some business ideas and fun stuff (including random posts from dental patients around the web) - Enjoy!
Cool CEREC stories
- Teeth in a day for a patient who could only take limited time off from work (Bath Street Dental - UK)
- Four CEREC machines in service on US Naval Ship 'Mercy' (MedWire via Dental Economics)
- Mobile Moments - Tough Custom Shading - (MobileTek Labs Blog)
Business / Practice Management:
- Seth Godin Post - Renowned marketing guru Seth Godin feels the dentist's unique marketing pain (but he makes the case that it's not that unique to dentists) - nobody wants to know about you until their teeth hurt. In this post, he provides some suggestions on how to 'be there' when the time comes for people to be ready to hear your message - and he also suggests new services that get you 'front and center' in between those times.
- The First Five Minutes (Exceptional Dental Practive Management)
- More dentists Feeling Pain (Grand Rapids, MI Press)
Fun Stuff (Tech, Patient Stories, Non-Dental, etc)
- 3M Chairside Scanner Wins BusinessWeek Design Award (BusinessWeek)
- Discussion Thread: Unlimited Budget - What Technology Would You Invent For A Dentist? (DentalTown - login Required)
- Another Fine Mesh - Mesh Technology from Microsoft (via Digital Dentist Blog)
- In Chair TV - a new startup looking that brings cinema-display glasses into the dentist’s office to distract patients (and show them ads for dental products!). (TechCrunch)
- A recruiter at Microsoft recounts her dream about teeth (One Louder)
Well - that's it for this edition of the Linkfest - hope you found it interesting - will be posting another before you know it - until then - keep dental truckin' - DB